Blackened Fish Tacos
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 4 (6-oz.) tilapia fillets
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedges
Prep all produce; measure other ingredients.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl.
Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients (through ground red pepper); sprinkle evenly over fish. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Warm tortillas according to package directions, if desired. Divide fish, onion mixture, and avocado evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.