Chicken and Summer Vegetable Tostadas
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 12 oz. chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup green (tomatillo) salsa
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas (whole wheat works too, OR, if you want to go even simpler, you can buy prepared tostadas)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
Combine cumin, salt & pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle mixture evenly over chicken pieces.
Heat 2 tsp. canola oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the pan and saute for 3 minutes.
Add onion, corn and zucchini to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Stir in the salsa and 2 Tbsp. of the cilantro. Cook for 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently. Remove chicken mixture to a bowl and set aside.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, lightly spray with cooking oil and toast tortillas in pan until browned. Cut into quarters.
Spoon chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla and spinkle each with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Pop in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese, if necessary. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.