If you're into meals that require only 5 main ingredients (and you don't mind a little spice), this is a quick & tasty option! You can switch out the seasoning and hominy to change the flavor profile.
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp. salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 1 (15.5-oz) can of white hominy, undrained
- 1 (14.5-oz) can of Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- (Plus 1 cup of water and cooking oil)
Sprinke pork evenly with seasoning blend (we like to put the meat in a tupperware, add the seasoning and shake to coat).
Heat a small amount of your preferred cooking oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook about 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in hominy, tomatoes and water, and bring to a boil. From here, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
This quantity serves 4 and myrecipes.com reports that it is 233 calories.